Qualifications for Liberty Electric ASsistance
Please read these in full before applying. Also, note that our electric assistance department reviews applications on Thursdays, so it may take up to a week to receive a response to your initial application.
- You must live in Joplin, Webb City or Carl Junction
- This is crisis funding, so we only help with an electric bill once you have received a shut-off notice
- If you are already shut-off, we cannot help
- We cannot pay any form of deposits or payments for a previous residence
- Because of our limited funding, you need to have already applied with Economic Security in order to qualify for electric. If you have applied but not heard back, you will have to see their process through before we could help.
- In most cases we can only help with what is needed in order to qualify applicant for a COVID-19 payment plan. To determine the amount needed to begin a COVID plan you must call Liberty and ask them for that amount.
You must submit a copy of your shut-office notice for us to assist. This can be submitted by using the link in the application or by emailing to email@example.com. Feel free to take a picture of this notice with your phone and email it to the address above if that works better for you.
- If you have received electric assistance from us in the last year you will not be eligible
Applications are reviewed on Thursday each week. Following the completion of an application you should hear an update on your status within five business days.
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Funds for rental assistance are made possible in part by contributions to :